Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Chloe's Princess Birthday Party

We just had Chloe's 4th birthday party this past weekend. She wanted a Princess party - complete with a Cinderella carriage cake and Sleeping Beauty piñata.

The girls all seemed to have fun.

First we made magic wands.  They are super easy.  All you need is wooden dowels, foam stars, glue and decorations (rhinestones, stickers, sequins, beads, buttons, foam shapes, etc). 

I put white glue in little styrofoam cups and gave them each a paint brush.  Then when they were all done, I used my glue gun to glue the dowel in between the two stars and tied a bow with a ribbon around the dowel.

Then we did the pinata.  Here she is... a little creepy, but I did my best. haha.


When the pinata finally broke apart, the top of her head was still hanging on the broom handle and the rest fell... wish I got a picture.  It was like Sleeping Beauty got scalped! Ick!
So many princesses... and one lone knight to protect them all!

Then we had cake (which was actually Rice Krispie cake covered in icing and fondant).

Here's a picture of the birthday girl in her new froggy toque and fleece night gown.... and holding her wand!

1 comment: